American roast beef hash
Use the leftover beef from yesterday's roast to make a delicious American-style casual meal. You can use up any leftover boiled potatoes, too. And if you like hot and spicy food, add a finely chopped fresh chilli to the hash.
- Serves: 4
- Prep. time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30-60 Minutes
Syns per serving:
- Green: 2½
- Original: 3½
Add 6 Syns if not using Beef or steak (cooked weight) as a Healthy Extra on Green.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 340g boiled potatoes diced
- 340g cooked lean leftover beef, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a deep frying pan with Fry Light and fry the onion gently for 8-10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Add the garlic and diced potatoes and continue frying for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and golden.
- Stir in the diced beef and season generously with salt and pepper. Continue frying and stirring occasionally until the hash is heated through.
- Meanwhile, poach 4 eggs in a pan of barely simmering water, until the white are cooked and firm. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the hash sprinkled with chopped parsley with a poached egg on top of each serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Join Slimming World before 28th December and get your FIRST WEEK FREE! That’s just £10 to pay on your first night – a fabulous saving of £4.95! After that bring a new member and get a week free.
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.