American roast beef hash
Use the leftover beef from yesterday's roast to make a delicious American-style casual meal. You can use up any leftover boiled potatoes, too. And if you like hot and spicy food, add a finely chopped fresh chilli to the hash.
- Low calorie oil spray (less than one calorie per spray)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 340g boiled potatoes diced
- 340g cooked lean leftover beef, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Spray a deep frying pan with low calorie oil spray and fry the onion gently for 8-10 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Add the garlic and diced potatoes and continue frying for about 10 minutes, until they are crisp and golden.
- Stir in the diced beef and season generously with salt and pepper. Continue frying and stirring occasionally until the hash is heated through.
- Meanwhile, poach 4 eggs in a pan of barely simmering water, until the white are cooked and firm. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon.
- Serve the hash sprinkled with chopped parsley with a poached egg on top of each serving.
You'll discover 100's more recipes in group!
Pay weekly and get half-price membership - a fabulous saving of £5. That’s only £5 to join and £4.95 weekly, making a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night!
Visit www.slimmingworld.com/group to find your nearest group.
Find your nearest group
Lose weight without hunger! You'll find more delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.
Find a group in your county
Search for a group
or become an online member.